Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Ground Black Pepper
Dry Red Wine
to taste or thin sauce (optional)
plus more if needed to thin sauce
|1 1⁄2 cups|
How to cook
- Lay pasta flat with the canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oil, salt and pepper in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir and turn the pasta frequently with tongs or a fork until pasta is al dente.
- If the sauce thickens too much or starts to stick to the pan, add more water or red wine as needed to thin the sauce and prevent burning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before garnishing with basil and parmesan cheese.
- Serve straight from the pan.
- Keep an eye on all the ingredients in the pan to make sure it doesn’t burn and add more liquid if necessary. If you’ve got more time, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil first for a richer flavour!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Japanese Fruit Sandwich
Roasted Capsicum Paneer Masala with Basmati Rice
Ban Choon Roasted Butternut Sage Pasta
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
The Golden Platter
Iga Penyet (Fried Beef Ribs)
The Four Kings
Broccoli, Sage & Cashew Pasta
Ban Choon Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta
Salmon and Bok Choy
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream