One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
|chopped tomatoes||1 can|
|small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|extra-virgin olive oil||1 tbsp|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|water, plus more if needed to thin sauce||1 1⁄2 cups|
|dry red wine, to taste or thin sauce (optional)|
|freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving|
How to cook
- Lay pasta flat with the canned tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, oil, salt and pepper in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir and turn the pasta frequently with tongs or a fork until pasta is al dente (about 9 minutes).
- If the sauce thickens too much or starts to stick to the pan, add more water or red wine as needed to thin the sauce and prevent burning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before garnishing with basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Divide among 2 bowls, or serve straight from the pan.
- Keep an eye on all the ingredients in the pan to make sure it doesn’t burn and add more liquid if necessary. If you’ve got more time, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil first for a richer flavour!
You may also like
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
One-Pan Mantou Pizza
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Salmon and Bok Choy
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Oiishi Onigiri With SG Chicken Ragout Take Home Soup Pack
Italian Style Purgatory Eggs With Basilico Sauce
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Chef Siti Pasta Rempah
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Stir Fry Chye Sim with Mushroom
Stir Fry Kailan with Crispy Pork
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Mango Sago with Pomelo
Fried Tofu Omelette with Satay Beehoon Paste
Pacific Clam with Roasted Sesame Dressing