Chawanmushi Tofu Crabmeat
From YoRipe by @foodie.fit.mum
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
180-190g without shells
Fortune Japanese Silken Tofu With Omega 3 DHA
How to cook
- Place the tofu pieces and scatter the crab meat into the steaming bowl. Toss them lightly to mix it up.
- Using a weighing scale, place a large bowl above and tare to 0. Crack eggs in, it should weigh about 180-190g.
- Add 3 tablespoon of dashi concentrate into the bowl and enough water to double the weight to 380g.
- Use a fork and gently mix and beat the egg and dashi stock together. Don't beat vigorously as we want to minimise the bubbles created.
- Use a strainer and strain the egg mixture over the tofu/crab bowl.
- Mix the batter gently with the fork.
- Cover the bowl with a heat-resistant cling wrap or aluminium foil.
- In a boiling steamer, place the bowl in, cover and steam for 18-20 minutes.
Assemble & serve
- Serve with a drizzle of shallots oil, if any.
- *Tip: you can use as many eggs as you want, bearing in mind the weight ratio of stock is twice of the eggs. You may vary the ingredients used - try enoki, prawns or chicken if you are not a fan of crab meat.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!