Rice Porridge (Congee)
|Jasmine Rice||200 g|
How to cook
- Bring the water/stock to a boil and then lower the heat and add the rice.
- Bring it back to a boil and then lower the heat to medium to let it gently simmer for about 25-30 mins, stirring every now and then to prevent the rice from catching at the bottom of the pot.
- The rice grains will slowly release more starch and get smoother and creamier starting at about 20 mins or so.
- If you are adding meat like chicken, beef, pork, fish, add only after the porridge has thickened.
- Add them in at this point and stir until they are cooked through.
- Season with salt to your taste and serve immediately while the porridge is hot.
- The longer the porridge sits, the thicker it will get.
- You can always thin it out by adding more water or stock.
You may also like
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Healthy Fried Brown Rice
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Brussels Sprouts
Vanilla Chia Pudding
30-Minutes Quinoa Bowl
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Seared Salmon with Rainbow Salad
Overnight Oats Parfait
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
Cashew Crusted Avocado
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Italian Style Purgatory Eggs With Basilico Sauce
Homemade Acai Bowl
Go Nuts on Immunity Pasta Salad
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Chicken Broccoli Salad
Zespri Kiwifruit Lollies
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Peanut Butter Protein Bites