Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Vegetarian Refried Black Beans
Lean Hamburger Meat
can use chicken/shrimp
How to cook
- In a bowl, stir the red onion, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Set aside and make sure to stir occasionally.
- In a large pan, heat ¼-inch of oil over medium heat.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 1 large tablespoon of refried black beans and 1/2 tablespoon of the onion, cilantro and lime mixture evenly along one side of the tortilla.
- Gently roll the tortilla tightly beginning on the side with the filling.
- Use a toothpick to secure the tortilla so it doesn’t unroll while cooking.
- Tip: Try to roll 4 tortillas then place them in the hot pan and roll 4 more while the others were cooking until they are all finished.
Hamburger meat version
- In a separate pan, brown hamburger meat (make sure it’s broken into small pieces and cooked all the way through).
- When filling the tortillas, spread around 1-2 tablespoons of meat as well.
- You can make with shredded chicken or chopped shrimp – whatever your family prefers!
Cooking the tortillas
- Place the rolled tortillas seam side down in the hot oil and cook.
- When you’re ready to rotate, remove the toothpick and rotate with tongs until they are golden brown on all sides (about 4-5 minutes per batch).
- Continue to cook the rest of the tortillas in batches, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with guacamole, lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese, salsa and lime wedges. YUM!
- Freeze for the week and pop in the oven to heat up. Wrap in foil to keep warm!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!