Lotus Mooncake Cookies
cold and cubed
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
any neutral oil
Dried Lotus Seeds
soaked, cored and boiled
How to cook
Prepare the dough
- In the bowl, add the cubed cold butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar then mix on medium speed with a hand mixer until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add the eggs and whisk on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla extract, honey and salt then mix until evenly combined.
- Mixing the flour in 2 parts until evenly combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and flatten into discs.
- Leave to chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
Prepare the lotus seed paste
- In a bowl, soak the lotus seeds overnight.
- Boil it to soften, then strain and leave them to cool down.
- Cook it with water, oil and sugar until it forms a paste then set aside.
- When cooled, roll them into balls of roughly 10g-15g.
Rolling and shaping
- Take the dough out to defrost to room temperature.
- Place a lotus paste ball in the middle of the dough disc.
- Wrap the dough around the paste and make sure that there are no holes - use your hands to gently press them into discs.
- Line the air-fryer with a sheet of parchment paper and lay the cookies on top of it.
- Make sure that they are evenly spaced out as they will spread and increase in size as they bake.
- Bake at 160°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool before serving.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Abundant Claypot With Abalone Sauce
Multigrain Fruity Cookies
Chui kao shao cookies
Red Bean Jelly Mooncake5.0 (10)
Salted Egg Yolk Cookies
Yuan Yang Caramel Snowskin Mooncake
cny almond cookies
Salted Gula Melaka Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond Cookies using Airfryer
Chocolate Button Cookies
Cashew & Almond Nut Cookies4.0 (1)
Mala Xiang Guo
Berry Christmas Cookies2.0 (1)
Fragrant Bitter Gourd Chicken
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Traditional Baked Lotus Mooncake with Salted Egg Yolk
Giant Oatmeal Cookies
Ginger Crunchy Cookies
Red Bean Soup Dessert using Pressure Cooker
Red Velvet Chocolate Chip & Macadamia Cookies
Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies