Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
|Red Cargo Rice Vermicelli||1 package|
|sambal tumis||100 g|
|Chinese chives (koo chye)||1|
|red onions||200 g|
|Coconut Cream||200 ml|
|dried shrimp||20 g|
|salted bean paste||150 g|
|roasted peanuts||100 g|
|vegetable oil||1⁄2 cup|
How to cook
- Cook whole fresh prawns in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel, slice in half and set aside for topping.
- Boil the eggs, peel then cut them into half.
- Soak the red rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water for 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Fry the red rice vermicelli with a tablespoon each of oil and sambal tumis. Set aside.
- Blend onions, garlic, dried shrimps and candlenuts into a paste.
- Add oil to the pot and saute the blended ingredients till fragrant for 10 minutes.
- Add sambal tumis, salted bean paste and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ground peanuts, 1.5 liters of water and assam (dissolve in 500ml water, removed seeds) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and coconut cream once the gravy is done simmering. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
Assemble & serve
- In a bowl, place a serving of rice vermicelli, then add some gravy over the vermicelli.
- Garnish with a hard-boiled egg, chopped chives and half of a lime.
- Before eating, squeeze the lime all over the mee siam.
You may also like
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Fish Curry
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Chicken Curry
Butter chicken masala served with Pilaf
Biryani Rice Bowl
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Tandoori Fish Tacos
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Gulab Jamun Parfait
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Mutton Korma with Saffron Rice
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Carbonara-style Instant Noodles