Chinese Tea Leave
Chinese Rice Wine
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
Light Soy Sauce
How to cook
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Chinese rice wine, minced ginger and sugar to make a marinade.
- Cut Salmon into 2 pcs and cover it with marinate. Marinade for 10 minutes.
Prepare to smoke salmon
- Line a wok with aluminum foil, and ensure that the aluminum foil covers all surfaces of the wok.
- Combine the brown sugar, rice, tea leaves and star anise in a bowl and spread the mixture evenly onto the base of the aluminum foil.
- Set a round wire rack over the mixture. It should be about 2 cm above the mixture.
- Heat the wok over high heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the mixture begins to smoke.
- Place marinated salmon on the wire rack skin side down. Place on the cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Do not remove the cover for 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a fork, the salmon should flake easily. If the salmon is not done, smoke for another 2–3 more minutes.
- Serve up with your favourite sides.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
The Better Fish® One Pan Barramundi Dinner
Cheesy Chicken Kimchi Noodles
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Stir Fry Chicken Noodles
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon5.0 (4)
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Thai Basil Minced Pork with Rice4.5 (2)
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Beef Fried Rice
Baby’s First Bolognese Sauce
Spicy Soba Noodles
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Seafood Pao Fan
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream