Easy Homemade Churros
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Pure Vanilla Extract
|Chocolate Dipping Sauce|
Dark Chocolate Chips
How to cook
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add water, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then add vanilla.
- Turn off heat and add flour and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until thickened, 30 seconds. Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- To cooled mixture, using a hand mixer, beat in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come halfway up the sides and heat to 190°.
- Holding the piping bag a few inches above the oil, carefully pipe churros into 6″ long ropes. Use kitchen scissors to cut off dough from piping bag.
- Fry until golden, 4 to 5 minutes, turning as necessary. Fry 3 to 4 churros at a time and let oil come back to 190° before each batch.
- Remove churros with a slotted spoon or tongs and immediately roll churros in cinnamon sugar, then place on a cooling rack.
Make chocolate dipping sauce
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring heavy cream to a simmer.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit 2 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine.
- Serve churros with chocolate dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!