Full Cream Milk
How to cook
Prepare the durian paste
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix into a paste on low to medium speed.
- Press the paste through a fine sieve and set aside.
Prepare the custard base
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla essence and sugar.
- Bring the milk and cream to a near boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Take care not to let the mixture boil, or the milk will curdle - if you see bubbles forming at the edge of the saucepan, take it off the stove.
- Once the consistency is thick, remove from the heat and allow the custard to cool.
- Chill the custard in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, until it is just beginning to harden.
Assemble and serve
- Gradually stir in the durian paste, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Continue to freeze it till the ice-cream hardens.
- Served chilled in a bowl, on a slice of bread or on the ice cream waffle cone!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Yuan Yang Caramel Snowskin Mooncake
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Grilled Pound Cake French Toast with Smoked Maple Syrup
Chew’s Crème Brulee
Mini Fruit Tarts5.0 (3)
Spooky Peanut Butter Cup
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
Strawberry Panna Cotta
Red & White Mini Falooda
New Zealand Natural Ice Cream Cookies
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Orange Passover Cake
Durian Sticky Rice
Cake in a Jar
Peach & Blueberry Cheesecake
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Christmas Vanilla Cake
French Almond Apple Tart