Full Cream Milk
How to cook
Prepare the durian paste
- Place the durian flesh into an electric mixer and mix into a paste on low to medium speed.
- Press the paste through a fine sieve and set aside.
Prepare the custard base
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla essence and sugar.
- Bring the milk and cream to a near boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Take care not to let the mixture boil, or the milk will curdle - if you see bubbles forming at the edge of the saucepan, take it off the stove.
- Once the consistency is thick, remove from the heat and allow the custard to cool.
- Chill the custard in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, until it is just beginning to harden.
Assemble and serve
- Gradually stir in the durian paste, 1 tablespoon at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Continue to freeze it till the ice-cream hardens.
- Served chilled in a bowl, on a slice of bread or on the ice cream waffle cone!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
Banana Bread Pudding
The Good Ol’ Days Ice Cream
Churros Ice Cream Bowl
Mini Fruit Tarts5.0 (3)
Christmas Vanilla Cake
Durian Cream Pancakes
Just 5 Minutes: Microwave Cheesecake4.8 (5)
Sweet Bliss Melon and Pomelo Pudding
Eight Treasures Tang Yuan
Blackcurrant Ice Cream
Orange Passover Cake3.0 (2)
French Almond Apple Tart3.5 (4)
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
Durian Sticky Rice
Crepes With Caramelised Apples