Crispy Duck Leg with Mandarin Orange
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
Hua Tiao Chiew
Sweet Chilli Sauce
How to cook
Prepare the duck
- Poke the duck legs evenly with needle.
- Rub the duck leg with salt and chicken powder.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated duck legs on a tray and cover with spring onion, ginger, star anise, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and Hua Tiao Chiew, then steam for 40 minutes.
- Remove the duck legs from the steamer, and set aside.
Prepare the batter
- Mix the plain flour, corn flour, baking powder, water and cooking oil for the batter and set aside.
Prepare the sauce
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, calamansi juice, chilli padi, shallot and some orange zest in a large bowl with the mandarin oranges.
- Keep the sauce mixture chilled.
- Heat up the oil in a large pot.
- Dust the duck legs with corn flour, coat with batter, and deep fry till golden brown.
- Set aside the fried duck legs on absorbent paper.
- Spread the sauce on the plate and lay the fried duck legs on top.
- Garnish with spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves, and serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!